Monday, October 26, 2009

Sticker Shock


At the start of the semester I put a sticker on my mirror. The sticker reads "Laugh Often".
I love laughter. I love the sound. I love the feeling. I love how people look when they laugh. I love the memories that are made through laughter.

I placed the sticker there in hopes that seeing it daily would help me to not take things so seriously and to enjoy myself. The past couples weeks, I've forgotten to laugh often.

I've been a grouch. My roommates might have use another word for it. I've been snappy and not very nice. Maybe I was tired, maybe I was stressed, maybe I just missed my family. Whatever made me that way, didn't leave me in a state where I could laugh often.

I'm making the choice today to laugh often and when I don't feel like laughing, I promise not to take it out on other people. :)

No comments: