Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Picture (or camera) is Worth a Thousand Words

I'm currently enrolled in a Photojournalism for next semester. I'm required to have my own digital camera, which I have. It's the same camera I've had since I was in 11th grade.

While this camera has served me well, and has been everything I could possibly ask of a camera, I think it's time to move on.

My current Fuji digital camera takes about 30 seconds to load the flash between each picture. Some days the flash doesn't even work. When I change the setting on top of the camera, a completely opposite setting shows up on the screen. It's also kind of a clunker. It's just old.

I've been looking at a couple of different cameras and have decided on one that I really like, that has some crazy cool features.


It's the Nikon Coolpix S3000 camera. Check it here.

Anyways, it has:
  • 5 different picture color modes
  • Has a smile sensor where it will automatically snap pics when people are smiling.
  • A blink warning for when people (Katie) have their eyes shut in the frame
  • It will take up to 10 shots per each photo and save the clearest one
  • It smooths skin tone and wrinkles
  • Automatically adjusts for a dark atmosphere
  • And a bunch of other awesome stuff!
I found one on ebay for $149, it comes with a mini tripod, a card reader, a 4GB memory card, lens cleaner, display protectors and a camera case. Also, it has free shipping.

This isn't something I could swing right now, but maybe at the beginning of next semester. I could probably manage if I didn't eat for a while.

What do you guys think? Any camera people out there? I've always heard great things about Nikons. Should I run away or start saving? Help me out!!

1 comment:

Katie Jo said...

This one is orange... I thought you wanted the blue one?