Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All Signs Point to Trials...

What trial is up next for me?

I've noticed a trend in my life this week. Trials.

Everyone and their mother seems to be talking about trials and how we are refined by them.

Some guy talked about how our trials shape us on Sunday, then we studied a whole chapter about the refining power of trials in one of my classes, then we read a silversmith analogy about trials, then Katie's spiritual thought at FHE was about trials making us stronger. I feel like Heavenly Father is trying to tell me something, or help me get prepared for a bomb to drop.

It's a scary thought to think that He knows what's coming and I have absolutely no idea. I don't like to think that I have the worst trials in the world, and that I struggle constantly to make it through the day, but my life's not perfect.

I've been trying to think what He could possibly want me refined for? What part of me needs to change to fulfill His task? I wish He would just tell me without all this trial business, and then maybe I could work on it.

This waiting thing is making me totally antsy.

No comments: