Friday, February 20, 2009

The Trial has Landed


Last week I talked about a sense of foreboding that I had. Turns out I'm not crazy, and the Lord did have something extra special in mind for me...

A hurt ankle.

On the trial spectrum, a hurt ankle is not the worst thing that could of happened, but it's not super low either. Especially living in Rexburg during the winter.

I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment complex, on top of a hill, in a town where it snows regulary, across the street from a big campus, with my classes spread out on said campus, with some of those classes upstairs. I guess I'll finally get to use the elevator.

I've always taken the stairs, not just because I need to, (you've seen me...) but also because I heard once that until the day he died, President Hinckley took the stairs. I figured that if a 90+ man can do it, I can too.

My injury follows my attempt to get involved and be a little active. During my dodge ball game last night, I was the last one standing on my side. I was dodging left and right trying to miss the balls thrown by the beefy guys on the other team. I succeeded for a while too. Until the inevitable happened.

I. Didn't. Dodge. The. Ball.

I was struck.

Wounded.

Maimed.

I was out.

While trying to dodge the fatal blow, I jumped to the left hoping to miss it. But when I landed, my ankle decided that it was tired of holding me up and quit. No two weeks notice or anything.

So now I am lying on my bed, feeling sorry for myself as I prepare to crawl to the bathroom and commence cleaning for clean checks.

Moral:
Look out for those beefy dodge ball players, they play dirty.

5 comments:

Toni Lynn said...

if you have a picture or something there, apparently i can't see it unless i've got byu mail?

Kristi said...

hmm...I'll fix that.

Toni Lynn said...

Awesome! I mean, not awesome about the ankle, but yay for working pictures!

How do you make your header things?

Kristi said...

I use picnik.com, it's pretty fantastic and super easy!

Breanne said...

Dodgeball is brutal! I broke my nose playing dodgeball like three years ago. Our team did win the championship, so I guess the hit was worth it! Hope you are up and at em' soon. let me know if you need a taxi getting around town or anything.