Friday, April 24, 2009

NY Fashion Week, Here I Come!

The baby cap I sewed in class yesterday. It's really cute in person!
So as some of you may know, I am taking a Child Clothing sewing class this semester. This was our first project, a baby cap. I wanted to make one for my new cousin Dallin, but the only fabric left to choose from was way girly. So I'll just have to make him one when I can get a hold of more fabric. It took me way longer than everyone else in my class to finish it, though it's not bad for someone with zero sewing experience.

We're making little booties in class next time and I'm kind of excited. I'm lucky that my station is next to a super helpful girl who answers all my questions and makes sure that I know what's going on. I'm still a little nervous about this class, but I'm looking forward to all the cool stuff I'm going to learn.

There are 20 of us in the class and out of that 20 about 3 of us are unmarried. Out of the 17 remaining, about 8 are currently pregnant, and I'm sure out of the 9 left, some have babies at home. So I felt a little ridiculous the first day of class surrounded by pregnant girls taking a sewing class for kids, but I've since gotten over it. This is like preparation for when I have a family. I've made some great friends already and am looking forward to what comes next.

No comments: