Thursday, June 11, 2009

Epiphany


As I type, I sit nestled under the warmth of my down comforter. Despite the early hour, I don't feel tired. The light shining through the blinds means it might actually be sunny today instead of the endless gray that has been the last week and a half.

I woke up early to finish a reading for my 11:30 class and have yet to crack the book. Getting on my computer was a big mistake. I facebooked, looked at pictures, and read other people's blogs. I get distracted way too easily.

But whilst I was being distracted it hit me.

I'm happy.

Really. I am happy.

Not that I have been depressingly sad the past years of my life, but I've never been consciously happy that I can remember.

I have a pretty great life. I'm getting an awesome education, and even though it is a lot of work, for the most part I enjoy it. I live in a great complex and have my own room with pretty cool roommates. My family rocks my socks, and everyone else's too, for that matter.

I live right across the street from a beautiful temple of the Lord, that I can go to and do baptisms anytime I want. I have a calling that keeps me busy, but makes me feel needed too.

And I have friends. Friends that make me laugh so hard I can't breathe. Friends that I can be myself with, that except me for all the mistakes I have made and apologized for. Friends that have changed my life forever.

Excerpt from a conversation I had last night from some of said friends/the sister.

Stacy Chatterton
I think Kristi is both beautiful and witty!

Kristi Wallwork
Stacy!! I love you even more than I did a minute ago before reading this!
Remember when I left the water in the kitchen on for a while and you and Katie were sitting at the table, and she was like, "Save some for the whales Kristi" , and I was like, "You seem to be doing just fine." Bahahaha! I'm dang funny. :)

Stacy Chatterton
HAHA. That one killed me. That, and when you seagulled her graham cracker. What was the other thing you said about her? OH YEAH. Katie "Hey, guess what?" You- "You're fat and no one likes you?" Or something to that effect. I love you too!

Katie Wallwork
I LOVE that most of the funny stuff that you guys remembered from last semester was where you guys were being mean to me... but I just remembered that one time that I locked Stacy out of my room and she was no so happy so she picked my lock and upon entering gave me this death glare and chucked the bobby pin and basically charged me like a bull... i literally peed my pants i was laughing so hard!! haha..

Sarah Smith
Oh whoa I am excited to be your future roommate! It sounds like it will be a fun time in apartment 107!

Kristi Wallwork
Stacy- I'm just sitting in the living room by myself giggling like a creeper thinking about last semester.
Sarah- You have no idea. Every night is like a stand up routine. We are all hysterical individually, but combined we will make you pee your pants,

Stacy Chatterton
Oh Sarah Smith *shakes head* You are in for a real treat this Fall...oh yes indeed.

***I know it sounds like all we did was pick on Katie, but she gave as good as she got.***

I love my life. :)

No comments: