Sunday, August 16, 2009

Domestic Diva

I guess I can finally post about some of the clothes I made towards the end of the semester. The first being my blessing gown that I was literally working on until moments before it was due. Thoughts?

It's made out of sheer and regular tricot material. I decided to forgo the ruffly, lacey, super long number in favor of something simpler and just plain sweet. I worked ridiculously hard on this dress and am super proud of it!


Next, my coat. This project actually came together pretty quickly. I used a quilted black fabric for the outer layer, and yellow fleece for the lining. It's really quite cute!

This project was especially great because I was one of, if not the first, ones done. This was my first sewing foray ever and naturally I was slower than the other girls in my class, but I managed to knock this project out!

1 comment:

webster said...

dang girl i am super impressed! Good job you could for sure teach me A LOT!