Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spookfest!

October really is a great time of year. It's the beginning of what I consider the trifecta of holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. The leaves are starting to change color here, and there is a crisp bite in the air. It's snowed once, and it nearly broke my heart.

Since October means Halloween and spooky things we've been having a lot of fun.

Festivities include...

  1. Dr. Slaughter's Haunted House- I got chased by and cornered by 2 zombies. Never run, they always get you.
  2. The Haunted Mill- They made you crawl through tunnels and sprayed you with water!
  3. Murder Mystery Costume Dress-Up Activity with the Ward- I was Elizabeth Bennett.
Our friend Craig insists on watching a scary movie practically every night of October.

Titles have included:
  1. The Skeleton Key
  2. Arachnophobia
  3. Scream
  4. Scream 2
  5. Scream 3
  6. Quarantine- This one is legit creepy. I think it scared me the most!
  7. High Tension- A French movie that we had to read subtitles to understand, but still scared the crap out of us.
  8. House of Wax- Straight up creepy!!!
Numbers 3-8 were the edited versions and it still freaked me out! I was jumping like every 5 seconds...

There are more movies to watch and more fun to be had. I think we're headed down to Utah this Saturday to go to the Haunted Forest, it's supposed to be pretty scary...

Keep you posted!

No comments: