Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ponderings


I've been thinking a lot about myself lately. More specifically the way I perceive others, and how they perceive me.

In my Old Testament class yesterday, my teacher put a slide up about our dueling natures. Mainly, the natural man vs. the child of God.

He asked questions like , " Why do I hate and gossip when I fully believe in the power of love?" and " Why do I fail to forgive others when they hurt me, when I expect to be forgiven when I hurt them?"

It made me think. It was a humbling experience. What am I doing? How am I acting? Do I expect things of others that I am not willing to do myself?

I've never thought myself to be a hypocrite. Thinking that that might be where I am heading is a sobering thought.

I'm thankful for the Lord that places things in our path when we need them the most. It's sobering to think that you might be sliding into the realm of the natural man. I am not a natural woman. I am a daughter of our Heavenly Father, and as such I have limitless potential that I need to remember. I can do better. I will do better.

"The door to peace is open. I will pass through by choosing to follow the master, rather than the enemy of the soul.' - My Old Testament teacher, he's pretty legit.

1 comment:

craig shipley said...

what good reminders!