Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Best Day Ever

What a babe!
On this day, an undisclosed amount of years ago, my mother was born. Ever since then, she's been raising hell. Haha, just kidding. But no, really...

She's the kind of mom that I'm sure made other kids jealous. For years Katie was convinced she only had friends because they wanted to come over and hang out with our mom.

As you've all probably figured out by now, I like to list things. It helps me get all my thoughts out, so here's another list...

The Top 15 Reasons Marti Wallwork is the Coolest & Most Awesome Mom Ever:
  1. Her cousin is Robbie Benson, the guy that does the voice of the Beast from Beauty and the Beast.
  2. She collects leather-bound books because she loves the smell.
  3. Her eyes sparkle when she laughs, it's kind of pretty.
  4. She has always stood up for us, especially against loser middle school vice principles.
  5. Have you seen her shoes?
  6. Her jewelery collection is pretty great too.
  7. She taught me how to play backgammon with her.
  8. She taught me how to make delicious spaghetti.
  9. She laughs at my jokes.
  10. She believes entirely in my genius, or in the fact that I have a genius.
  11. She's funny.
  12. She takes us chalk tagging.
  13. She suggests we go chalk tagging.
  14. She's funny.
  15. She loves me.

Check out that killer skirt she's wearing as she holds that chub a lub (aka ME)

She's entirely too good for me, but I feel honored to even live in the same house as her when I come home. She does so much that I'm shocked she hasn't been nominated for something. She is easily the strongest person I know. Live it up Mom, it's your birthday today!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Marti. I loved reading that.

Hmmm...chalk tagging...can I come?