Sunday, March 14, 2010

And he was blessed for Joseph's sake...

We were reading about Joseph and Potiphar in Sunday school in Genesis 39 and someone read this verse.

5 And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.

" . . .the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake and the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had in the house. . ."

How incredible is that? Joseph was so awesome of a person that those that were around him were blessed, merely because Joseph resided in their presence.

I want to live my life in such a way that those around me can be blessed because they associate with me.

I don't mean that to sound prideful, and if it does, I apologize. I've just never though about blessings in that perspective before. I think that its incredible that the Lord works this way.

I know that I've been blessed with so much because of the way my parents have lived their lives, and I want that for my children too.

No comments: