Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Declaration

I know I've alluded to what I believe in past blog posts, but I don't think I've ever explicity laid out my thoughts. Maybe because I think that everyone that reads my blog is family or personally knows me, and thus by extension, my beliefs.

But something has been pushing me to write this up. It was a passing thought, that hasn't completely passed.

First off, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Commonly referred to as LDS or Mormon. I believe that Jesus Christ was crucified for my sake, that He atoned for my sins. I know that because of His actions I can repent, be made clean, and return to live with my Heavenly Father after this life ends.

I know that I have a personal relationship with God. I know that He always listens to me when I pray. He wants me to be happy, and has put some incredible things in my life to make me just that.

I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet on the earth today. I know that he is in close contact with Heavenly Father, and that all he tells us to do is for our good.

There is so much I know about the Gospel(what we call the content of our religion) that I know to be true, that I love and am incredibly grateful to have in my life.

I've heard it said before that the LDS Church is a church of blind, brainwashed followers. There is nothing about this church that is brainwashing. Every concept presented, we are asked to pray and find for ourselves its truthfulness. I love that about the Gospel. Those personal assurances that these things are true are priceless.

It's increasingly obvious to all that the world is going to hell. Natural disasters, corrupt government, and a crappy economy are just a few of the lovely problems facing society today. But despite all the awfulness I know that I'll be fine. Sometimes I freak out thinking about how I'm going to do anything in the future. Then I think about the choices I'm making and the big man I have on my team. Heavenly Father has my back. I do my part, and He will do His. That knowledge has nursed me through many an anxiety attack.

I'll leave you with this.

I am a daughter of God; I have limitless potential and the Lord will qualify me to do incredible things. I am not alone on this earth and I will never be alone. I know that Heavenly Father knows me personally and that Christ is my Savior. I'm laying it out. I stand for God. At all times, in all things, and in all places.

I hope that after reading this you don't think I'm some psychotic religious zealot that is incapable of functioning in normal society. I'm not, I just felt the need to stand up for my beliefs and be counted.

This Gospel has made my life and I would be lost without it. All this I say in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

If you have questions feel free to ask me, or check out these awesome sites.

Sorry it's long, but I needed to say it.

No comments: