Monday, August 16, 2010

Thrive

Whenever I come back from school for a break, I find that there is a direct correlation to the dwindling amount of blog posts I have. I guess because I have less going on, or lack the energy to put forth what I'm thinking, weeks go by with no word. I'll try and do better.

I've found myself lately contemplating life. The beauty, the sadness. It's a crazy thing. I have vivid recollections of waking up as a little girl and thinking that the whole idea of an earth with people living on it to be outrageous. I would have deep thinking sessions about how there were billions of people out there, with thoughts just like me, surviving on this planet. It seemed like the ultimate science fiction story. It's kind of incredible.

We're people, living in this world. We have emotions. We struggle and we triumph. We can experience the sweetest highs, and fall subject to the bitterest heartaches. That's what I've always found amazing. We stumble, and fall, and ask why me. Then we get up. We're resilient and we carry on, because there's no other choice. More specifically, the other choice is not acceptable. We have this innate desire to survive. Not just survive, but to thrive.

I've have been blessed to be born into a family of survivors. I wake up each day knowing that I am surrounded by the best people I know. Right now we're just surviving, but I know that someday we're going to thrive. That's the goal. That's the end game. To be happy and healthy and be surrounded by the ones you love. My experiences have shaped who I am. They were hard and I struggled, but I survived. Just keep pushing on, knowing you have the support of those that love you and just survive, until such a time comes, that you can thrive.

No comments: