Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cake Mania!


My old roommate, Stacy, asked me to make her a birthday cake for when she rolled into town this weekend. She's had the design picked out for months now. I like how it turned out, but it was A LOT of work. I haven't really decorated a cake since my cake decorating class ended.

She loved it, and everyone else loved it too!!

I was up late last night making the roses for the top. In total, I made 35 royal icing roses.

I used 3 batches of butter cream icing. 2 batches of royal icing, and 2 cake mixes. I think it came together nicely, and I'm kind of proud of it!
Please ignore my trashed kitchen. I've been working on this cake for most of the day, and I ran out of dish soap. It's on my to do list...

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow Kristi! This cake looks awesome. So when are you going to go into business? ha ha

Kristi said...

Haha, thanks! Never probably. It's fun to do the occasional cake, but I would probably go nuts doing it every day!