Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankfulness

Random image I found after googling "thankful"

I know I'm late, but I never told the world what I was thankful for. I'll make a list.

1. Family. I know everyone thinks that their family is the best(the rest of the world is clearly deluded in this belief), but mine really is quite fantastic.
2. Education. I know I whine constantly about having to go to class, but buried deep under all that resentment is gratitude. Less than a 100 years ago few colleges even allowed women admittance. I'm lucky.
3. My sense of humor. Not to toot my own horn, but I crack myself up every day. It makes living in an icebox a little less horrible.
4. Cute stuff. I don't want to sound incredibly shallow or superficial, but I really just feel better when I'm wearing cute stuff. Especially if said cute stuff is covered in bows, lace, or a mixture of the two.
5. Blue skies. I miss joy riding with the windows down and the stereo turned up. It makes me happy!
6. Hanging with my mom. She's one of my best friends. Even if we're not talking, I just feel good around here. We love giggling together! I appreciate her more and more as I get older.
7. My pops. He's pretty cool too!
8. Katie. I kind of have to put her on the list now don't I? Kidding. We don't always get along, but she's been there for me when I've needed her. Most of the time. ;)
9. Music. Songs get stuck in my head and I have to listen over and over. It makes me feel connected.
10. Friends. Due to a lack in that department this semester, I appreciate the friends I do have more than ever.
11. The Gospel. Like anyone, I go through stages of less enthusiastic worship, but I am thankful for the Atonement of Christ and His love for me. I need to do a better job of showing it.
12. Books. The written word does and will always fascinate me. The stringing together of sentences and stories is beautiful to me.
13. Lists. Haha, just kidding! Though you all know how I love a good list!

Be thankful ladies and gents. We have a lot more than others do. It doesn't hurt to remember that.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

You are so good about this sort of thing, always taking note of everything and taking nothing for granted. I wish I was better at that.
Also, I didn't miss your new song! ;)

Kristi said...

Haha, thanks. It's only when I sit and really think about it that I realize all that I have. Most days I'm super whiny and self-involved. I'm working on that. Oh, and I changed my song the day I heard it on your wall.

Stacey said...

how many stacey's do you know...geez girl!

Kristi said...

Haha, a lot actually!

Stacey said...

It's because Staceys are the best!