Friday, January 28, 2011

Who Needs a Cape?

I worked at the Major Fair yesterday. The event where each major on campus gets a table and a few chairs in the gym to chill in. They are there to answer questions students might have. To help them figure out what they want to study.

It was so cool. I answered questions. I was excited. We talked with enthusiasm about the teachers in the English department and our favorite literature classes (BritLit). We told people what classes to take to fit what they wanted to do.

"You need the screenwriting class. I've only heard good things."

"You think writing is cool (it is), take one of our creative writing classes."

I felt like an English super hero. Helping people figure out their path is a heady experience, I can see why some might find the job of guidance counselor appealing.

No comments: