Thursday, June 9, 2011

Future, future, future.

As Katie said in this long, rambling, almost pointless post on her blog, we're writing a book together. It will be very David Sedaris-esque, minus the drug use.

The book will be a compilation of our favorite and slightly crazy childhood stories. I'm looking forward to finally being able to get it going and write some.

We'll keep you appraised of our progress. If nothing ever comes of it, then at least we have a cool memory to give to our family.

Confession: One of Katie's and my favorite things to do is to pretend that the book has already been published, is a best-seller, and we are preparing to go on a nation-wide book tour. We think we would be hilarious at a live reading. Seriously, it would be awesome.



This is an excerpt of one of David Sedaris' stories "6-8 Black Men" It's my favorite.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I've already told you how much I love this idea!

You did tell me about buying bottles! Exciting. The most expensive part about this, as I am discovering, is the amount of clear nail polish needed. Yikes!

Oh my gosh, I love Pansy Ass. A lot. Don't think my mom would be too thrilled if she ever saw it, but I love it.
I also thought about using song lyrics for names, but that might be a bit too difficult.