Saturday, November 15, 2008

Book Learning

So as January fast approaches I'm getting excited to head back up to the great state of Idaho. Just Wednesday night I had the opportunity to register for my classes for the Winter 2009 semester.

It's crazy to think that I'm already a sophomore. Sometimes I think I should still be in high school and not on my own hundreds of miles away from home. Despite the distance from warm sunny weather, I love it there. The small town that basically has rolled up the sidewalks by 11, not your typical college town, and Walmart, basically the only place to shop in town. It pretty much has everything.

Anywho, back to my classes. I'm currently registered for 15 credits. I usually take 14, so we;ll see how this extra credit works out.

I'm taking 3 web classes, but one's only 6 weeks long and starts in February. Why web classes when campus is literally across the street from me? It will be winter in Rexburg and that means snow, lots of it. I've heard talk that this is going to be the worst winter in years. It's no fun walking to class in a snow storm. Cut to last year when it was -22 outside, and every other school in the area, and surrounding, was cancelled. Did we get class off? No, I vividly remember that day. I had the uncomfortable joy of having mt nose hairs frozen. Don't be schocked or disgusted, we're all friends here. Anyways if uo live in Rexburg during the winter it's only a matter of time before it happens to you. And I will be living at the top of a hill, where it will get rather frosty. Any thing I can do to make my trek to campus minimal, is okay in my book.

The most exciting part about my schedule though, is that I managed to get no classes on Friday. So 3 day weekends the whole semester!! Yee! And I have one class on Mon/Wed, that don't start until 12:45. I'm more than a little excited!!

I'm also going to be reunited with my sister, who's become my best buddy for the most part. I miss her mucho, especially being in a new place where I pretty much know no one. She gets me. I will also be reunited with my crew, who are nearly as anxious to be back as me. If you reference my first post, they are the 2 nerds sitting in the big blue tub, in our living room, in our COLLEGE apartment. Yeah, we'll never really grow up.

No comments: