Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weekend Round-up

Hanford at sunset


So my blog friends, this past weekend I didn't do anything too exciting, as opposed to my friend Toni, who had her car towed while visiting a friend.

My Relief Society (church group) took a train to Hanford, CA, which is about an hour drive from my house and shorter on the train. We then walked from the train station to Superior Dairy to get ice cream. Apparently it's been around for over 70 years and is really good, and a community gem. The place looked kind of like a dive, but it was really fun. All the ice cream is made on site and served in huge portions. They don't have a ton of different flavors, and that bothers some people, but I like it. I think sometimes simplicity is best.

Anyways, after I told my parents about the trip, my mom immediately began making plans to go on a family Superior Dairy ice cream trip. She thought my family being a bunch of food connoisseurs, and Superior is a new discovery for us, that it might be fun to check it out.

Also I have to say that I kind of fell in love with Hanford, it's streets and greenery very reminiscent of Stars Hallow from the tv show Gilmore Girls. I kept hoping that Luke would ask me if I wanted frys at the Dairy, and for Kirk to offer me some ridiculous thing he's working on, and for Taylor to storm in and provoke Luke into a fight. It's always been my secret to desire to live in a small town like that, where everyone knows everyone and the people are happy.

Of course this quaint small town needs to be located within 20 or so miles of a big city where I can get all the essentials. Please, I'm a romatic, not mentally insane. :)

No comments: