Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nestingus Nonpregnantus

As my departure for Rexburg approaches, I find myself having this insane urge to nest. Nesting, I've heard is something expectant mothers go through. I'll tell you all right now that I am not pregnant, so everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. Especially you Edward Cullen, wouldn't it suck to get two human girls pregnant? Just kidding :)

Any who, I seem to see things everywhere that I think my apartment in Idaho HAS to have for me to survive there. A new bath mat, cute mugs, a crock pot etc. I even briefly thought about purchasing a quesadilla maker, I had almost added it to my cart when I realized that a frying pan works just as well, and is something that I already have. I also considered buying this mold that makes shot glasses out of ice, and I don't even do shots, or drink alcohol for that matter, but they seemed so cool. I mean come on, have you ever thought about how awesome it would be to drink a beverage out of a cup made of ice?? If you haven't I bet you are now aren't you? Come on, admit it. It sounds pretty cool...literally. I kid, I kid, a bad joke, I know. I also know I used a lot of commas in that last sentence. Hmm...

I just have this urge to purchase everything in sight that might be the slightest bit useful at my new place. I have a shelf in my garage where I keep my purchases in preparation for the trip to their new home in Rexburg. Over the past 5 months that I have been home, that shelf has slowly accumulated stuff. First it was a set of chic black dishes and leopard print silverware (be jealous), then it was a set of colorful mugs, then 350 thread count sheets, and a crock pot, and cutting boards, now I've added fun measuring cups and an apple slicer (they really are way better than a regular knife, I'll post a picture of the one I use) Oh, and an adorable polka-dotted bath mat from Target that I got on sale.

I don't know if this is how everyone feels when they move in to a new place, or if I'm suffering from some bizarre syndrome. Like instead of a sympathetic pregnancy, maybe sympathetic nesting. Of course no one I live with is pregnant, so who I am being sympathetic toward remains a mystery.

Does anyone else ever feel this way? Am I an anomaly? A non-pregnant nester? Who knows, but I hope it goes away soon. I'm running out of room on my shelf...

If you are interested in seeing some of my purchases and seeing how cute my apartment is going to be, here are some pictures...





1 comment:

Stacey said...

Nesting comes through out life I believe. I had it bad when I was preg. I still get it.

It's good to nest. You'll thank yourself when you get back to school and people are so jel of your cute items!

I was so much like you, collecting stuff and saving it for the right time. I had the cutest phone I bought at pottery barn. Bought it like 6 years ago, then got it out when we moved into our house. Love it!

Love your blawg girlfriend