Monday, December 29, 2008

Once Upon A Time

A while ago today, a person was born that would change my life forever. A woman that would teach me so much. A woman that would mean everything to me.

This woman is my mother. Okay, so maybe it was a little bit more than 29 years, but only a little :).

On December 29th, an unnamed number of years ago, Martha Lorraine Workman( now Wallwork) was born. She was a precocious child, as all women in our family are, and delighted all that came into contact with her. Every morning the birds and neighborhood wildlife would braid her hair and help her dress for the day. Whenever she stepped out of the house, the clouds parted and the sun shone on her almost white blond hair. You wouldn't be able to tell now, but yes, she had blond hair. The wind and trees around her seemed to beat out a melody as she walked down the street.

You might ask why the world and its creatures extended themselves to be near her, to even catch a glimpse of her. It's because they knew what I know, and what everyone that knows my mother knows too. That she is fantastic. There is no other way to put it.

Smart? Nope, she's more than smart.
Funny? Not! She's hysterical.
Loving? Too small a word for what she is.

So the only word I'm left with is fantastic. FANTASTIC. F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C.

Below are listed the reasons I feel my mother is FANTASTIC.

1. She gave birth to me :).
2. She makes me laugh
3. She believes in me, and not in the way a mom has to believe in her children, but in a real way.
4. She's freaking intelligent, and has helped me with so many school projects it's ridiculous.
5. She took me out of school to go to the movies.
6. She should have been a rockstar in a former life. ROCKBAND tells me so.
7. She passed her love of reading on to me.
8. She makes wicked good punch
9.She understands the need of a good purse.
10. She always forgives me, no matter how many times I screw up.

As you can see, basically, my mom is better than your mom. :P

I would post a picture of her awesomeness, but I don't have a photo that could possibly contain it all, so I won't even try.

Happy Birthday Mamacita! I love you!!!

1 comment:

Lori Wright said...

That is the cutest, sweetest tribute ever! Your mom must be so Proud of you! Tell her Happy Birthday for me!