Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reverse Pyschology



For one of my classes, a group of students present each week on a topic that is considered beneficial to us as college students. Last week I presented on time management, and this week it was health and fitness.

Our class was divided in half, with one group staying in the classroom(my group), and the other group heading to the Hart(our fitness center). So my old roommate Sarah and I were sitting next to each other listening to these skinny girls talk about health,stress, and nutrition.

They had us read about the Word of Wisdom in the scriptures and describe the do's and don'ts written there. We got into a discussion about meat and when to eat it and why to do so sparingly, and then one of the presenter girls said that legumes and nuts, grains etc. were actually a good alternative source of protein.

All this talk about legumes and meat and grain made me hungry. I leaned over to Sarah, and said, "Do you want to go to Bajio's after this? I'm kind of hungry, we could just walk to my place and I can drive." Sarah gave me this "Do you even have to ask" face and was like "Um yeah I wanna go". So after we had paid our dues and finished the rest of the class, we walked up the hill to my apartment and I ran upstairs for my keys.

We were on our way to Bajio's when we spotted Katie walking up the hill, we pulled over and she hoped in. When we walked into Bajio's we were the only ones there. I ordered my burrito classico with mexican rice, pinto beans and honey chicken, with sour cream. As we sat there eating an awesome pile of deliciousness I had to thank our presenters, without them legumes,meat, and grains would not have been floating around my head. They probably wanted us to steer clear of food like Bajio's but their little lesson drove me right to it.

Thank you Health and Fitness group, thank you. My stomach thanks you too.

Oh and thank you Cold Stone for an awesome burrito chaser. :)

No comments: