Thursday, April 9, 2009

Coming Home

Okay. I know it's been a while since I last posted and I hate that. I really hate that,but school has been craaazzy! But as of 4:45 Winter Semester 2009 ended. I'm done!

And while this passage brings immense joy (No more Advanced Research and Theory) it also brings a sadness. The girls I have come to love as sisters are all going home. Leaving to be with their families during the summer months whilst I kick it here in good ol' Rexi. I will miss the late night/early morning chats and giggle fests. I've never felt more at home when away from my family than I do with them.

I can't really describe to you in words the friendships I forged this semester. We clicked. There were similar interests and also differences of opinions, but we loved each other just the same.

This makes me a little apprehensive for next semester as I will be getting 5 brand new roommates that I have never met before. I hope they understand my sense of humor and my general messiness in the bathroom. I hope they get that it irritates me when you don't fill up the ice tray after you use the last cubes. I hope they understand that occasionally I like to be by myself and that I love to be surrounded my laughter. If you can make me laugh, you are in for life.

My biggest fear is that I will be put with girls that don't know how to laugh and that I will slowly shrivel up and die....

Not really, but I think you get my point. Fingers crossed that I get amazing/non-skanky roommates for summer.

On the flip side of being sad to leave, I'm also excited to go home. I've missed my family so much. This is the first time that I've gone a whole semester without being able to go home for a visit. And while I don't think I will ever see Clovis as home, I have to admit that I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it. All my family is there. I miss watching Supernatural with my mom and having dinner at my Aunt Amy's house and getting make-up samples with my Grandma. It will be a fun week to be sure.

California...I'm coming.

No comments: