Monday, September 14, 2009

He's Like the Wind

I was in love with this guy when I was younger. I loved Dirty Dancing despite the glaringly wrong choices some of the characters made. I loved the music, and the dancing. I loved the dresses, and the sense of transition that was felt throughout the film.

I especially loved Johnny Castle. I loved his black wife beater and leather jacket. I loved his coiffed hair and his eyes that sparkled. I was entranced by his smile and his sharp laughter. Not to mention his tanned and toned torso. :)

Patrick Swayze built this character into someone I grew to care about. For the 90 minutes or so I was watching the movie I was captivated. I felt his loneliness and his sense of his circumstances.

Today Patrick Swayze lost his battle against pancreatic cancer. I am saddened by his passing. He was a talented actor that plays a heavy role when I think of my teen years. My friends can tell you that I loved this movie. I am glad that he is no longer suffering, but it is sad to know that he will never again bring to life a great character.

So, later Johnny Castle, you will be remembered.

No comments: