Wednesday, December 16, 2009

<3

Our small, kind of pathetic looking tree...
I love Christmas trees.

The lights.

The smell.

The presents nestled underneath (hehe).

It's one of my most favorite parts about Christmas. I love to see the ornaments and bows arranged just right. It represents history. Each year we add new ornaments and our history grows.

My absolute favorite part about having a Christmas tree is to sit and stare at the lights. To sit in a dark room, with all the lights off, only candles flickering along side the jewel-toned glow coming off the tree. Carols playing in the background, a soundtrack to my inner thoughts.

The opportunity to just soak in everything, touches me. To have the chance to sit with my musings and reflect on my life and the things that I have been given, on the friends and family that I have.

I feel at peace, a peace that I only feel once a year at Christmas. Relish it folks, its stay is far too short.
My home tree kicks the crap out of my apartment tree.

No comments: