Thursday, December 10, 2009

Luke 2


Each year there are things that we always follow during the holiday season. We make caramel corn(that's another post entirely), we bake nut butter balls, we hang the candy cane count down, we get new pajamas on Christmas Eve, and we read Luke 2 before a roaring fire with all the candles lit.

I enjoy this part of Christmas, reading about the birth of our Savior. Whilst reading we stop at the appropriate places and sing corresponding Christmas carols. They are always off-key, and occasionally someone will start singing the wrong song, and mess the rest of the group up.

But no matter what, the purpose has been served, to recognize the birth of our savior. Funny story about Katie, we were in Young Women's (church program) once during the Christmas season, and our leaders asked us what some of our favorite holiday traditions were. We went around the class, and when it was my turn I replied that I liked that my family read the story of Christ's birth in Luke every year. Katie immediately looked at me and asked, "We do?".

It made me laugh, because for as long as I can remember we have done that. It's always been important to my family and it is a tradition that I want to continue when I start my own.

2 comments:

Mike Briney said...

Katie would, totally forget something like that!

Katie Jo said...

hahaha... I legit do not remember reading the Luke 2 before you said that... I am convinced that you made that up and then we started doing it... kinda like the cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning...