Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Familia


It's only as I've gotten older that I've come to realize that my family isn't like everyone else's families.

We have our oddities and quirks

While some families might hang up artwork of cooking utensils or roosters in the kitchen, we have a framed Happy Bunny poster and pictures of jelly beans.

Most families have nicknames for each other: Sport, princess, sweetheart, pumpkin, etc. My family has nicknames too..

Mom- Mammogram
Dad- Pap Smear
Katie- Katheter
Kristi- Krisyphillis( yes, after the STD)
Rascal- Rascoliosis

Some parents discuss the weather or their work day over dinner, my parents throw their glasses of soda at each other.

I love it! Getting to spend my Christmas break with family has helped me see how utterly awesome we really are. Step off, families of the world. The Wallwork's are bringing sexy back.

1 comment:

webster said...

glad you love the jelly bean picture!!