Monday, January 11, 2010

Spontaneous Sadness

Sometimes I get sad. I get sad for no apparent reason. The days or weeks before may have been the best in my life, but still some days I wake up sad.

This disconcerted sadness hits from out of nowhere. How do I feel better about something that I didn't know was making me sad? I can't solve a problem when I didn't know there was one.

My sad day has become 3. I'm officially in a funk and I'm finding it hard to shake myself out of it. No one can be happy all the time right?

My worries are small, everything always works out. I've taken steps to make my life what I want it to be. I'm working hard in my classes and trying new things. I'm laughing daily with friends, but still that sadness lingers.

So in the effort of vanquishing my doldrums, for the next couple posts I'll be posting things that I find to be pretty, funny, entertaining etc. I'm going to kick this thing and be happy again.

No comments: