Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's Day


What could I possibly say about my mother that I haven't said before? She's always been so good to me, even when I went through that angsty phase during my teen years when I always had to have the last word and thought that no one could possibly understand the way I was feeling.

A girl who spoke in my ward today said that she thought her and her mom had been best friends in the preexistence. I know that my mom and I were best friends. I know that we worked a deal that allowed us to be together in this life and forever.

I love her. She has taught me so much. Everyday I see a little bit more of how privileged I am to have been raised by her.

Despite our differences, I have never once felt unloved. I know the sentiment is passe, but I really do want to be like her when I grow up. She's supported me, loved me, chastised me, inspired me, and made me laugh.

Looking back, I can say that I've never wanted anyone else to be my mother. She's it. I love her and reap the benefits of her being such a wonderful woman.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you forever, ever.

No comments: