Monday, June 14, 2010

The Last Airbender

This weekend I put my newly acquired cake decorating skills to use and made some cakes for my roommate Channing's 20th B-day Bash! She's obsessed with Avatar: The Last Airbender, which is some Asian cartoon, not the one with naked blue people. So I made a cake for each of the nations in the story: Earth, Water, Wind and Fire. I knew nothing about this show when I started making the cakes.
I had help baking the cakes and icing them, but I decorated them by myself. I made a happy birthday sign with one of the main (or so I'm told) characters from the show and attached dowels to the back. I then stuck it in some mini bundt cakes. It turned out pretty cute! Channing kept it and hung it up on her wall.
The party was a blast, and Channing loved her cakes. She's a really great girl, and we're all glad she moved in with us. We have a lot in common! She's an English major as well and we like a lot of the same books. Hope you had an awesome birthday Channing!

Photos courtesy of Blake Jackson

No comments: