Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rain Down...


When I was a little girl I used to sit in the corner of the shower, legs crossed, and let the spray of the water pelt my back. It made me feel safe. The warm liquid, the patter of droplets against the tile drowning out any outside noise. It was a time I used to reflect on my life.

Then all I thought about was the latest Barbie universe I'd created and the movie I watched on tv that day. Times have changed and I've only recently returned to my tiled sanctuary. I think about my life. What am I doing? What does my future hold? Why do I feel this way?

This semester has been one of my hardest yet. It's a pivotal time in my life. I can feel it. I feel a pull, to go this way or that way. The choices I'm making now can determine where I end up.

It's always scared me to think about how the littlest thing can have astounding results, either good or bad.

So I'm pondering, ladies and gentlemen, about my life and what it means to be alive during this time of the world. I'll let you know what I figure out.

Just as a side note, I know the whole chillin in the shower thing might seem kind of weird and creepy, but I just wanted to clarify that I don't run to the shower every time I need to think about things. It's just an occasional sit under the spray. If that makes me weird then so be it.

Word.

3 comments:

Toni Lynn said...

I do the exact same thing. Whatevs :)

Stacey said...

I stand but lean on the tile and let it hit my back. My thoughts flow better in the shower better than anywhere. I'll try the sitting thing, cuz sitting is easier these days with a fetus growing!

Keep on truckin' girl. So many of us have gone through exactly what you're talking of. These early years of life are to find out who you are and want to be.

Just watch SYTYCD and life is great!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.