Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stella Brandon Has A Dream

This picture is entirely unrelated to this post, but cool nonetheless.

Yesterday morning I woke up only wanting to go back to sleep. Not because sleep is awesome or I was tired, but because I was having the coolest dream. It had it all, a little adventure, some violence, and the possibility of an unforeseen romance.

As I was on the fringe of reality, I kept telling myself, "You have to write this down! You've got something here, this could be huge!"

After waking I pondered the world I had created in my dreams. It was pretty incredible. I turned on my computer and began to write it all down. I didn't forget it. Not a thing. I have the outline saved on my desktop. I can't wait to start writing.

The world in my head was vivid, the characters alive, demanding attention. It's a story that needs to be told. The concept needs work, and there are some gaps that need to be filled, but it's a start.

I've never come up with ideas this way before, it almost feels like a gift. I haven't written in a while. With the next month off of school, it seems like an infinitely better way of spending my time than lazing around the house unshowered all day.

I'm excited, and it's a good feeling.

**Stella Brandon was my pen name from my writing class last winter. It's kind of hot, right?


2 comments:

Hannah said...

YOU'RE hot. And I want to read this story someday!

Solidad Raimunda said...

hello!

I stumbled upon your blog and while I haven't actually read anything I love it! I love your title 'live laugh read'. I like to say 'live and love and laugh and learn' and my friend has 'live and love' tattooed on her shoulder in arabic! Also love the layout and colours and girliness and pictures that aren't related to the post at all (I do that all the time!). my best friend and I fun a blog too (http://solidad-raimunda.blogspot.com/) anyway, that is all for now!