Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Papa Wallwork

My dad was born today, and thus began the life of a true hell-raiser. Some of the stories I've heard about his childhood are kind of ridiculous. Fires, cutting down trees, selling a faulty car to his shop teacher are just a few.

For all his gruff, he's really the sweetest guy I know. He's endlessly generous and genuinely enjoys giving to others. It's definitely something I admire about him.

From him, I was lucky enough to inherit the Wallwork short legs and long torso. Let's not forget my unibrow that I'm not always the most diligent about keeping under wraps. I also inherited his love of listening to music loudly and the enjoyment of good food.

He's always encouraged me to do what makes me happy, even if he doesn't necessarily understand why it does.

I love my dad, and I know he loves me.

Happy Birthday, old man!

No comments: