Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happenings

I don't want you to think that nothing's been happening in my life, because stuff has. I've just felt zero motivation in blogging about it. So I'm going to do sort of a photo essay of the last little bit.

Included in these shots are pics of stairs I use to get to class. They were crazy covered last week. Usually the school is really good about keeping things clean. Next, a muffin recipe I tried that was delicious.

The rest of the pics chronicle my journey to make a Mirabelle Pithiviers for my Pastry midterm. It's basically a pie made of puff pastry. Mine was filled with almond cream and peaches. I ended up spilling a bunch of crap on me and all over the floor. It was funny/embarrassing as there were several witnesses to my humiliation.

When I was just about to tell the puff pastry to go to hell, my friend Scott stepped in and started rolling it for me. He told my roommate Sierra to clean up a bit and I got to sit and eat almond cream off my spatula as others worked around me. I couldn't have planned it better myself!

The end result was cool, but a little unsatisfying. It tastes like a glorified turnover.

Treacherous stairs on the way to and from school

The same stairs cleared a few days later

Cinnamon Doughnut Muffns via The Noble Pig

Cleaning up a butter/water/flour mixture off the floor

Friends pitching in to save my sanity

Practice

Midterm

No comments: