Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 7: Random piece of information #2

My dad backed over my foot with our truck once. I was getting my backpack out of the back of the truck at school and he started backing up, smashing my foot in the process. Luckily, he really only pinched the tops of my toes and nothing was broken.

I got a note to sit out P.E. though, and the T.A. didn't believe me. I remember sitting in the bleachers, watching the class run, and she started talking in a haughty voice about how stupid some of the excuses were.

"One girl actually wrote that her dad ran over her foot. Really!?" I was appalled.
"Yes, really! He backed over my foot," I said. She didn't like that, choosing to stare me down. But I'm happy to say that she looked away first. Power trips are never pretty.

No comments: