Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Recent Additions to the Shelf

If you have been following my blog, then you know that said shelf I am referring to is my nesting shelf, the shelf that holds all the goodies I am anxiously awaiting to use when I move to Rexburg in the beginning of January.

In addition to the kitchen jems I've been collecting, I've had my eye out for things to decorate my space, as I will be a lucky college student who gets her own room.

For the past couple of years I've had this insatiable love for black and white photography. Especially old black and white photography. I just love the simpleness of it all, capturing a specific moment in time, a time that will never be again. It's beautiful. These pictures make me happy. It's indescribable. I just love the way they make me feel.

Each picture takes me back to a moment in my life, even if I wasn't around when they were taken. I feel blessed to live in a time where we have the technology to capture these moments forever.

A glimpse at my collection...










2 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm still dreaming about your ice cream cake....mmmmmmmmmmmm


I had that poster of James Dean in my apartment and the kissing sailor pic. They were huge posters.

Love it. See you Christmas Eve!

Stacey said...

Hello again. OMG there are so many thrift stores.

The best one in Frez is downtown by our house called Yoshi Now. Right around the corner are three side-by-side stores, and then another one around the other corner.

Let's go! Definitely Yoshi Now is a must see.