Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ridin Dirty


While I completely respect and appreciate the job law enforcement does, CHP rubs me the wrong way.

As we were driving through Donner Pass on our way back to school it seemed like every 50 ft there was another car being pulled over by CHP. Katie and I were commenting on the ridiculousness of it all, when we started driving around a bend. To our surprise around that bend was a CHP car parked, with the officer standing outside, radar gun pointed, waiting for unsuspecting drivers to ticket.

Doesn't that seem shady to anyone else? I mean we were driving down hill, and we've all been taught to accelerate out of a curve. It doesn't seem right that there was a guy there just waiting to pounce.

We were lucky that our car was so loaded down with crap that we couldn't drive much over the speed limit over the pass anyways. It was just irritating. Rant over.

2 comments:

AngelaBeth said...

While I totally agree that the cops are just scheming together to get their daily tickets in and make more money, I have been in a car with someone who was driving in one of these areas and got one of these tickets, they usually are fairly obvious to spot and are usually in more dangerous areas. If it is a long stretch of straight highway you can see a cop, and if it's on a twisty turny highway there is probably a cop camping out on a hill or something with another cop down the road he is instructing to ticket. Either way, both of these areas of road are equally as dangerous and the faster someone is speeding, especially around a curve where a car naturally accelerates during a turn, the more they really do deserve to get a ticket. Whether or not we all do it (which I totally do) it is still against the law.

I'm really glad you guys didn't get caught, or really go over the speed limit, and that the roads were safer for you guys!

It bothers me more that cops don't obey the law.. ever seen one use his blinker? Didn't think so. >:(

Stacey said...

Being that I am a wife of a cop...I'd like to think I know the in's and out's of the job. Most times when they don't use they're blinkers, they really are in a hurry to get to a call. Those are the ones that are in cars. The motorcycles are the ones looking out to give you a speeding ticket.

Chp rubs me the wrong way too. They are completely different from patrol cops, which Greg is. They are cruel and mean. They try to act so macho (cops do too) but they think they are the stuff...

There you have it.
Glad you didn't get pulled over.